Sunday, May 05, 2013

An Early Mother's Day Post

Adoption Day: Jr and LuLu, 2009.

The Survivor Caramoan finale falls on Mother's Day, so I wanted to write my Mother's Day post today.

Oh, and before I begin: Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

I know there will be thousands of cards and blogposts dedicated to Mothers. And I know to some people it's kind of cliche' to add the "Mother's Day Blogpost" to the mix.

But I love my mom so much, I'm no different: I want her to know how grateful I am to be her daughter--even if it is in a very public way.

Mommy-O, I love you. I love everything I've learned from you (life lessons, cooking, laughter, parenting, mindfulness ..
.). I love spending time with you. And I feel sincerely fortunate to have you as my mentor, friend, and tour guide here on Planet E. I think you are a phenomenal mom, wife, grandma, friend--an incredible person.

And I can't wait to see you next week! Happy early Mother's Day.
My mom and dad.

And as some of you know, I became a mom through the miracle of adoption. And I don't use the word "miracle" lightly. 

I really believe that each and every bambino we were able to bring into our lives came through a remarkable set of circumstances. Dave and I are just so thankful to be parents to each of these kiddos.  

I know everyone thinks their kids are phenomenal, but I'm telling you objectively (since I didn't make them), each of our 6 kids are PHENOMENAL! (Tee hee.)

Thank you La, Candace, Melissa, Amy, and Ruby for sharing motherhood with me. You have each shaped my life in ways I never thought possible. I love you and respect you and am indebted to you for being my best soul sistas/girlfriends in this big, crazy world we live in. I love you and am honoring you--and the beautiful small people you made/shaped--this whole week (lots of desserts and positive thoughts your way!).

Hugs and kisses from us all. XOXOXO.

LuLu (Ruby's creation).
Dave (my husband, Gr. Mary's creation) and Jay (La's creation).

Jr. (Ruby's creation).

Bam (Candace's creation)--with her babysitting friend/twin bambino.

Papaya (Melissa's creation).

ZuZu (Amy's creation) with Toby the dog.

Happy Mother's Day!

(PS: Dave, I know I owe you the world for being such an incredible dad/husband--and open to adopt not one, but SIX, kiddos. It's a dream come true to parent with you. 
I love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.