Friday, August 23, 2013

That's A Big Fish, Dave


German man catches 500lb+ Atlantic Halibut, Aug. 2013.
(Over 8 ft. in length.)
(c) imgur.com, 2013.

Having spent a significant amount of time swimming in the South Pacific and South China Sea--solo--photos like this scare the crap outta me.

Yeah, I said it, "They scare the C-R-A-P out of ME!"

How is it even possible for a halibut to get 8 ft. in length?  

(I'm pretty sure the last time I had halibut it fit on an 8 inch plate.)

What the what is going on in the waters near Norway?

****

Random Sidenote: On S23 Ozzy caught us a halibut and it was one of the best fish I ever ate. Oh man.

Survivor South Pacific: Savaii Flashback
Cochran and Jim Rice at Redemption Arena.
(Two of my favorite people.)
(PS: Jim's getting married next month to an incredible woman. So so so happy for him.)
(c) Monty Brinton, 2011.








 

1 comment:

  1. I'm still gutted we never got to see you spearfishing on Survivor. Why do they think we're only interested in seeing people fish if they're called Ozzy?

    Congratulations to Jim!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.